Content Is A Major Element Of Successful SEO. Should It Be Outsourced?
SEO News, has a valuable article on outsourcing SEO content. The major points of this article are as follow... and from my own 12 years of experience, I tend to agree with most of these points:
- What is outsourced content? Hiring a writer to help create content for your business blog is not necessarily outsourcing, nor is it a bad a idea. Hiring an SEO firm of PR Firm to help you create press releases or blogs is not considered outsourcing.
- What I consider outsourcing content is when you hire an overseas team or an SEO content writer from a writer database. It is usually not in the best interest of any business blog to hire an organization that doesn't have a significant understanding of your business and is only hired to create content because they are the least expensive. Not only will this represent your company poorly but the skills are lacking and therefore will not end up being effective.
- Quality content is the driving force of your business. In essence, you can't afford to lay this element in the hands of anyone who can't do a quality job creating your blog and social media content. If in fact, blog & social media content is the single most important element of your SEO success, your decision to outsource may not be the best.
- Hiring an SEO specialists who gets to know and understand your business and target market is a much better solution. It may cost a bit more than an overseas content writing machine, but in the end, you will find it makes more sense and will produce a better ROI.
- It's generic content that needs to be avoided. As learned from a long partnership with HubSpot, it's compelling and remarkable content that makes the biggest difference. Search engines are in business to find the most relevant content to each related keyword search. This means you must deliver this component in order to compete in the world of SEO and inbound marketing.
In summary: It is critical to consistently develop your content in both quality and quantity. This single component of your inbound marketing efforts needs to be taken extremely seriously. Do NOT take any short cuts and align yourself with an experienced SEO or inbound marketing firm.
VSS is a Certified Inbound Marketing Partner with HubSpot, a cutting edge application designed to address all inbound marketing demands.