FREE Search Engine Optimization Site Analysis: See the right side of this page.
A major part of the "on page" search engine optimization process is paying attention to all of the sites html meta tags. In ranking of importance, those tags include:
- tile tag
- description tag
- heading 1 tag
- heading 2 tag
- image tag
- keyword tags
Each site is different so understand these are very general guidelines. Make sure to speak with your SEO or Inbound marketing consultant before applying these general rules.
Some more general information that should be considered when crafting your on page optimization with meta tags, title tags and meta keywords.
- Tile tags are probably most important
- Be clear with your title tag keywords
- Do not "stuff" many keywords in 1 title tag
- Meta tag for keywords may not be used byt he search engines at all
- Apply tags to your important images only
- Have different tags for each page