What is HubSpot and could it be the right solution for your Internet marketing objectives?
The first thing you need to understand if you are a small business owner or professional is how inbound marketing is overtaking traditional marketing. Most, if not all business need a marketing plan and marketing strategy but there are many that are still confused and trying to sift through the boat loads of new information available online.
Inbound marketing is simply this new breed of marketing you see that mostly happens online. Websites, blogs and social media are the staples. Compare these to the more traditional forms of marketing like trade shows, print advertising and broadcast advertising. This blog post was written for those who need to get a clearer picture as to the differences between inbound marketing and traditional marketing and how a company called HubSpot can help you realize and accomplish some of your inbound marketing goals.
As I mentioned above, inbound marketing activities can include:
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
- Blog development & optimization
- Social media development
- Data analysis
These elements do breakdown into dozens of more focused and detailed activities but these are the general categories of inbound marketing. These are the elements that any good website and marketing effort must include.
Now, what is HubSpot and how does HubSpot fit into this strategy? HubSpot is a company that has developed a very comprehensive software application that will allow a small business or business professional to implement the inbound marketing elements I listed above. Not only does the HubSpot application allow you to implement, it allows you to implement better. HubSpot provides the tools and resources to apply your SEO (search engine optimization), blog strategy and social media strategy all under one roof keeping you more organized and more productive.
As an example, this blog post was written using HubSpot in a similar way that one would use Wordpress. But HubSpot not only gives you the CMS (content management system) tool to write a blog post, it also gives you the tools to optimize the blog post by connect your:
- Keyword strategy
- CTA (call to action) strategy
- Landing page strategy
- List strategy
- Form strategy
- Linking strategy
The point is is that the HubSpot application gives you all the resources required to tie all of your inbound marketing activities under this one roof. That saves time and money.
Now.. this leaves you with a few questions:
- Does this software do this for you automatically?
- How do I approach all these critical marketing elements if I have never been training in inbound marketing?
- Should I attempt to develop all of these inbound marketing assets at the same time?
- What kind of support do I get if I decide to use the HubSpot solution?
These questions can all be answered by understanding the basic relationship between your company, the HubSpot inbound marketing application, your current marketing resources and your ongoing marketing options. I will try to explain all of this in the next paragraph and you will see that it is not as difficult as it may seem.
It basically comes down to choices and budget. The choices and approaches that you have are as follow:
- You can implement your inbound marketing on your own by using the HubSpot solution and getting your training from HubSpot.
- If you already have marketing personnel, you can apply the HubSpot solution and have your marketing people trained on inbound marketing so they can develop and implement your inbound marketing strategy.
- You can subscribe to the HubSpot solution and hire a separate but certified marketing team to match your inbound marketing budget.
As a certified inbound marketing professional I find myself having to explain these various options and relationships often. I hope this explanation helps you and your organization better understand what HubSpot is, what inbound marketing is and what options you have to employ the perfect combination of resources to meet your marketing objectives.
I am personally:
- Certified in inbound marketing
- Certified in the use of the HubSpot application
- Certified by UCLA in digital marketing and new media
If you would like to learn more on your own, use the button below and you will be guided to a great number of step by step inbound marketing eBooks, Guides, Reports and Instructions.