Keyword Generators & Internet Marketing
The first point I would like to make on this subject is this: Good keyword analysis, bad keyword analysis, good keyword generator or bad keyword generator, ultimately its what you'll do with the results offered by the keyword generator you choose.
The world of Internet marketing has changed and is changing at a dramatic pace. I recommend that whatever keyword generator you select, that you make it one piece of your comprehensive Internet marketing program. The configurations I suggest you consider are:
- After creating your plan of action and Internet marketing strategy, define and isolate the software elements, including the keyword generator of choice, that you think will work best and start to construct your project. Wordpress, Yahoo Keyword Tool, TypePad, Google Analytics, etc.
- Hire an staff whose primary focus is the implementation of your Internet marketing plan using the components listed above.
- Hire an independent team of professionals that already have the systems in place.
- Subscribe to a comprehensive software solution that includes all of these elements under one process like HubSpot.
- Subscribe to an application like HubSpot coupled with an expert, certified team to implement all aspects of the Internet marketing and keyword generation process.
The simple fact is that if you are truly planning on being competitive, you have to find a way to apply the following:
- Configure your web site layout the best possible way for your target market.
- Have a CMS (content management system) in place so you can make quick modifications.
- Utilize a keyword generator and keyword management tool.
- Develop a regular blog and blog strategy.
- Monitor and contribute to a defined social media campaign.
- Be able to create landing and conversion pages on a regular basis.
- Analyze all of the above on a daily basis.
Here is some recommended thinking & fundamental information on using a keyword generator.
Keyword Generator & Keyword Targeting:
The keystone of a good Internet marketing campaign is correctly targeted keywords and key phrases. Just as an arch will crumble when the keystone is removed, so, too, will a search engine positioning strategy if you don't use the appropriate keyword generator & target the correct keywords or key phrases. Target the right keywords and key phrases, and you are on the way to increased traffic. Target the wrong ones and, well, you are in for a lot of work and not much reward.
Since keywords and key phrases are the keystone of a good Internet marketing strategy, how do we know when we have found a winner? Where do all of these "keystone" words and phrases come from? There are several ways to generate compelling and useful keywords and phrases and a good keyword generator will be used after you spend some time on the following methods:
- Brainstorm - When I consult in this area, the first thing I do is have the top brass of a company get together and brainstorm on as many words and phrases as possible that describe what they do. Next, I ask them to combine these words and phrases in meaningful ways. This is usually informative, as management tends to have its own vocabulary -- a vocabulary that does not necessarily reflect what their customers use.
- Examine Competitors' Sites - Another rich source for finding keywords and key phrases is to examine your competitors' sites. What words and phrases are your competitors using to describe their products and/or services? You might even want to check out their source code and see what words and phrases have been inserted into their keywords meta tag. Note: Do not copy these terms verbatim -- most likely they are copyrighted. But this is useful to expand the universe of potential words and phrases and help stimulate your creativity.
- Talk to a Flesh-and-Blood Consumer - Come on, you can do it! Talk to your customers. Ask them what terms or phrases they would use to search for your site. Their answers may surprise you and conflict with what you have learned thus far.
- Analyze Your Web Logs - A rich source of keyword and key-phrase data may be right under your nose -- in your Web logs. When a visitor is referred to your page from a search engine or directory, he or she leaves a footprint that reveals what keywords and key phrases he or she used to search for your site.
Remember that the right keywords may dictate the success of your efforts more than any other single element of your strategy so chose a keyword generator that produces results that in turn reflects your ideas and plan.